Wednesday 22 February 2012

Product Rave- St.Ives face scrub.

MASSIVE PRODUCT RAVE!!
Firstly though, I'm not endorsed by any company and so all my views are just that, mine :)
I am absolutely in love with St.Ives 'Fresh Skin' apricot scrub that comes with the handy sub genre of INVIGORATING which literally is displayed in capitals ( so I'm not doing it for effect!). But first, let me tell you the story of how i came to choose this quite delightful product. A few months ago my skin weirdly changed and i had an odd vertical line down my right cheek that was redder than the rest of my cheeks (damn you natural blush!) and appeared to have what looked like spots but weren't functioning the way normal spots worked...as in they never buggered off! I tried all sorts of spot clearing scrubs, washes etc etc, mainly things from the clean and clear range which is great for those with teenage skin suffering from acne. But I've never had such a thing, i was/am blessed with pretty clear skin. So wtf was this?!!! Ha ha.
After nothing seemed to work, i thought maybe it was because i was trying too hard (!!) or that my skin was having a hard time coping with the chemicals in the scrub so wasn't going to clear up on its own. So i went cold turkey on that one and also stopped wearing make up; to be fair to myself i rarely wear it anyway. But nothing worked! So now that I've nicely set up the situation, its now pretty obvious where the narrative is going....i decided to look for another scrub to see if there was an alternative to the intensive harsh chemically products i had been using. And there sat riiiiiiiight at the bottom of the shelf lay this wondrous product which was filled with so much possibility! It even comes with a cute little marketing ploy of "UK's No1 scrub brand" written on the packaging, now it's amazing but surely the positioning on the shelf at Tesco didn't reflect this. Its a well known fact that the brands that sell the most are situated at eye level to catch you (seriously, that's how Tesco got me with a cherry pie once, and I'm not a hardcore fan of cherry pie!).
But the finer details, it has a wonderful smell of apricots with no hint whatsoever of anti-bacterial smell that I've now come to loathe in a face scrub. The beads are a variety of sizes but are not harsh at all, and they massage into delicate skin so smoothly i literally feel like a piece of heaven has smothered my face. On the back it suggests using it 3-4 times a week but I've been using it every day as part of my shower routine and it doesn't dry out your face at all. And lo and behold! My annoying red patch has pretty much disappeared! It is actually really long lasting, I've had mine now for nearly 3 weeks and it's barely made a dent in it, so big thumbs up there! Its also made from natural exfoliants so you know that there is nothing man made here that could cause a massive allergic reaction so its probably OK for sensitive skin (though still check the back if you are inclined to react).
I now feel a lot more confident, and though there are still traces of it, i reckon its probably only me that notices it anyway! So if anyone is blighted by some sort of skin imperfection, don't listen to the adverts of some clear skinned teenager who has never even known the drama a spot can cause, head for St.Ives range of facial scrubs. seriously you won't regret it.
Price wise though, i find that its a bit dear but i think I'm definitely sold purely because of the wonder that it does for my skin. I'm inclined to wonder if they do a body scrub too, just for the occasional all over scrub. The only thing that i am concerned about, and I'll probably look into it, is whether its ethical. Now i know people don't really care too much but i honestly think that we should be aware that lots of things we use are tested on animals, and i really believe that the best way to test something is directly on humans (as quite frankly, i don't think anyone should be using chemical which they have no idea about thus removing the concept of animal testing) but not only apart from that, there is little indication about the ingredients being organic. But that's not a major issue really, i just hope that eventually the company will make informed and more ethical decision about their products. But i really can't fault the quality of the scrub, its fantastic :D
I use my scrub in the evenings and so always use a night cream afterwards, but as always my advice to people is that if they shower in the morning please use a face cream with a SPF in it! Just because getting rid of the dead skin leaves the new shiny skin vulnerable and besides no one wants skin damage from English sun, that's almost laughable!! Hope you've enjoyed my product rave :)
Love Stacey!! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment